Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fresh pasta....



Yes. I was bored and hungry. What does that mean? Well I guess tonight meant fresh pasta...(and no, it's not evil to do pasta dough in the processor)



Wanted to liven it up, but honestly didn't have much laying around the house, so I tossed in some randomly items for a little pizazz. So really just a basic pasta dough with a few substitutions/additions:

2 1/2 c flour
4 eggs
1 tbls olive oil
1 tbls sesame oil
1 tsp ginger (powder, not fresh... obviously. Would be an odd pasta with random ginger chunks)
Some fresh parsley finely chopped. I used what I had left, probably 1/2 a bunch?

Processor with metal blade, add 2c of the flour, the ginger, and the parsley. Pulse a few times, get it mixed, add the eggs, and process until it forms a ball. Hopefully, it's not TOO sticky, but you don't want it dry either. Use the remaining 1/2 flour (might need a little more, I would honestly just eye it depending), and spread it on the counter so you can knead the dough. Knead for about 5 minutes, then form a ball and let it sit covered for about 30 min. After that you are ready to rock. You can use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, and then cut it yourself, but really, I would get a pasta machine. They aren't too expensive, and make this much much easier. Plus I guess you could use it as a pickup line:

"Hey baby, want to go back to my place and check out the pasta machine?"

Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment